Friday, June 5, 2009

Going into Town!

It is just after seven and Lindsey and I are getting ready to go into town. Another couple from the UK, Jane and Derek have graciously offered us a ride :) 

YESTERDAY...
Yesterday was a complete success! The ladies in the Fistula Ward had prepared about five songs to sing to me, they even sung them in english :) Afterwards I had prepared a talk on the Samaritan Woman, but as I sat there I just really felt a pressing need to tell them my story. So I told them my story and told them that I would love to hear their story too! We all have decided that everyday Monday-Friday we will get together in the afternoons to have two or three of them give there testimony, do a teaching from the bible, and have them sing songs! I am so excited for this opportunity and please be praying this time to be rich in fellowship! 

Goret and I were going to go on a run yesterday but Friday is Market Day so we decided to go there instead. I met her in front of the chapel at about 4:30 and we walked to her house where I met two of her friends who joined us. It was so great to hang out with Ugandans who are my age, and we had a lot of fun at the market! 

I am starting to love the markets here, they are overwhelming at times and quite chaotic but it is a great place to interact and be apart of Ugandan culture! 


3 comments:

  1. Lisa! I'm so excited for how your meeting with the ladies in the Fistula Ward worked out! God is so wonderful. It really is beautiful to hear how the Lord has given you such a warm community to be a part of. Also it is very encouraging to hear how the holy spirit is working inside of you and how the glory of God is shining through you and your discerning heart of obedience. As much as I miss you and wish you were home, it is so clear that there is no better place God would place you then where you are right now. I'm so proud of you and love you so much. Talk to you soon SISTER CHRISTIAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Ugandan Markets!

    I miss you so much! I think it's awesome that you all are doing your testimonies. If I learned one thing with you all it was how important sharing those is! I can't wait for you two to be home!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I am so proud of you. It sure appears that you are having a great time and learing lots! I can't wait to see you when you get back so that you can tell us all you've learned and seen. Love, Uncle Jody

    ReplyDelete