Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Her song was her story.

Today we gathered to sing songs. The girls took turns singing in their local language, and afterward they would translate it for me. They sung songs about the glory of God in the midst of hardship, heartbreak, and despair. We clapped our hands, jumped around, put our hands in the air, and danced for Jesus today. We danced in laughter as I mimicked their dance moves. We danced as sisters do when they are little. Today Harriet danced without her bucket. Today she danced without a catheter. Today she danced for JOY.

 

A young woman who is waiting for the repair sang me her story. She once lived a party lifestyle.  She drank lots and danced the night away in local bars, until the Lord came to her. The Lord saved her and redeemed her, and now she SINGS about it!

 

Today I found a way to connect with the girls, today I found a way to have them share their story. Today I realized we all have a SONG.

 

What’s yours?

4 comments:

  1. What a cool thing Lisa! It's such an amazing idea to sing our stories. Why don't we do things like that more often here? We sing other people's songs a lot and their stories and experiences but we don't share ours often. How cool! :)

    I'm praying for you! I love you very much!! :-D

    Love, Joy, and Peace,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Maria,
    This was such a beautiful entry! I am so amazed everyday at how wonderful our God is! And I totally agree--we all have a song to sing about His amazing love and redemption! The way He has redeemed all of our lives is something that I pray I will always be thankful for. I am so thankful for it because not only has He given me eternity with Him, but on the path to it I have been to wonderful people like you, and Lindsey, to share eternity with! I am so proud of you, beautiful Biira, and I am so glad that you have this blog so that even though I can't talk to you, I can still keep up with you two.

    If I get more situated financially, I REALLY want to call you guys! Let's cross our fingers and say our prayers. I'm praying for you both.

    Live it up, and one day maybe we can all return together.

    I love you infinitely,
    Anna Biira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,What an awesome story. I love it. I love how you shared your story. Especially the first time when Rev. Asa was translating. I loved his reaction when you said that little girl was me! It was awesome. I loved seeing you down on your knees with your arms stretched out to the Lord demonstrating your cry to the Lord. I also loved how the translator did as well. Your story is amazing. I love to see how God makes harmony with our lives! It is awesome to hear how God is using you. I can't wait to hear more. We pray for you each day. I sure miss being over there. Even though we were on the go everyday life seemed much simpler. May God continue to bless you and sustain you while you are there.

    In Christ,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you are growing up so quickly! Continue to enjoy your trip and the people you are meeting. Can't wait for your return and our hearing the stories in person. Love, Uncle Jody

    ReplyDelete